My Travelling Wish List

Hello Wonderful People!

There are so many places I want to visit (and revisit) in the world, so I’m setting myself a wish list with the aim of ticking off all 5 of these places in the next 5 years. As I’m heading to South America next month I’m not going to include any of those countries as I’ll be visiting them soon enough! I think I’m going to have to do a lot of saving to visit all these places in the next few years, but I love a challenge and I don’t want to disappoint my wanderlust.


St Petersburg, Russia
Ever since watching the film Anastasia I have been fascinated with Russia, specifically St Petersburg. Now, I totally disagree with a lot of current Russian political affairs and I don’t really want to encourage their policies by giving them my tourism. However, I think my conscience would allow a small weekend break, so I can allow myself a teeny tiny trip at some point. I’m also aware that in reality St Petersburg won’t be like the amazing Anastasia film, with people bursting into song in the streets, but I can dream. I’m a bit of a history geek so going round the palaces would be an amazing experience. I’d love to see the grandeur of all the buildings and experience the splendour that the Russian Tsar’s used to enjoy.

Cape Town, South Africa
One of my best friends is South African (in fact, she’s in SA right now) and I’ve heard so many amazing stories about this country, that I’d love to visit. Cape Town definitely tickles my pickle as it’s right on the coast and has the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain. While South Africa has had its troubles over the decades, I don’t want this to put me off visiting as the country has so much to offer. Cape Town is supposed to have beautiful beaches and a chilled, bohemian vibe; it sounds like my kinda place. Plus they have pretty amazing wildlife... Penguins on beaches and safari parks, what more could you want?

 Istanbul, Turkey
Turkey has never massively appealed to me; I always associate it with Brits abroad holidays for some reason. But my boyfriend went to Istanbul last summer and said it was an amazing city, so this has sparked my enthusiasm for giving Turkey a visit. As Istanbul is the only city in the world to lie across two continents (Europe and Asia) the city is rich with culture and history, making it an interesting travel destination. I also love a bit of Turkish food, so that is always a bonus! Again, I think this would be an ideal place to go for a short city break... better get saving!

Berlin, Germany
I’ve been to Germany several times, as one of my friends lives near Düsseldorf, but I’ve never been to Berlin. I know a few people who have visited the German capital and all have said what an amazing place it is, especially the night life. I’d love to do all the war history in the day (my inner history geek is making an appearance again) then explore all the restaurants, bars and clubs at night. While I normally like to explore new countries that I’ve never been to before, I think Berlin would be the perfect place for a European city break. I’m already on the hunt for cheap flights and accommodation! Plus, I need to brush up on my German language skills, and I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to do so!

Bali, Indonesia
After my travels around South East Asia last year, I would love to go back to the area and explore some of the places I didn’t get chance to visit. I absolutely love the lifestyle in South East Asia, the beaches are amazing, as is the food and the people are wonderful. If I headed back to this part of the world, I would have to fly to Bangkok and backpack down through Thailand and Malaysia then hop over to Indonesia. Again, I know a few people who have been to Bali and all I’ve heard is great things! Even thinking about South East Asia is giving me sever wanderlust, anyone fancy taking me back?

Comments

  1. I'm the same! Ever since I saw Anastasia I have wanted to visit Russia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's such a great film :) I would love to visit Russia at some point! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit