Enjoy The Real London With My Top Tips

Hello Wonderful People!

Because I live in London, I sometimes take it for granted. I love the city because it is my home. But, often I find myself dreaming of The French Riviera and other exotic climates. Unfortunately, that is the way I am because I am desensitised to the city. For some people who have visited once or twice, or not at all, that will be shocking. How can I not marvel at the beauty of London? I know. I’m sorry! To make up for it, I am writing this article as a guide for all you non-Londoners. For all you people who want to experience the real London over and over because it never gets boring. So, here are some tips from a bona fide inhabitant of our wonderful capital city.


Go Off The Beaten Track
Some of the best places in the city are not in your guide books or often frequented by people outside of London. Everyone knows about Soho and Central London, but what about the hidden gems? For me, Camden is without a doubt one of the best places to visit, regardless of your agenda. Groups of twenty-somethings can enjoy a brilliant night by the docks while families can take in the atmosphere of Camden Market.

But Don’t Forget To Follow The Beaten Track, Too
The top London attractions are, and always will be, on the tourist trail. Let’s face it; they are tourist attractions. Still, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy them because they are still a part of the real London. Even the locals like to walk through Green Park past Buckingham Palace or take a sneak peek at Big Ben for the time! To miss out on some of the sights would be very silly indeed.

Eat Like The Locals Eat
Of course, London is well known for its culinary delights. Some of the world’s greatest chefs have restaurants in the city, which are worth a visit if you can afford them! Realistically, that won’t be the case because they are as popular as they are unaffordable. No, what you want to do is eat like the locals. Find a cosy little restaurant that is atmospheric and affordable. There are thousands down little alleys and side streets. Or, head to affordable places like Brick Lane, where they have an array of curry houses, each one as good as the next.

Take The Bus
Only tourists take the open top buses or hire a private car. Proper Londoners travel by public transport, and there is no better way to get around than by bus. But, doesn’t everyone use the Tube in London? Yes, the Tube is incredibly popular, and it is also another great alternative. However, the bus is also a great way to see the rest of London because they go straight to the main places. On the Tube, you just get to stare at blank walls and dark tunnels.


Hopefully, this will help you experience everything London has to offer the next time you are in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit