The London List: Eating

It's been a while since I've done a food post, so I've gathered together a couple of foodie recommendations! When I first moved to London I regularly featured my restaurant suggestions and favourite places to eat, and this has started to slip in recent months. This is mainly due to the fact that I've now found my favourite places to eat and, like the creature of habit I am, I like to stick to them! Burgers and Asian food feature heavily this week and it's all veggie friendly.. Enjoy!
City of London
Jen Café
Believe it or not, I've never eaten dumplings before my visit to Jen Café. This little, slightly shabby café is tucked away in China Town and has a real authentic feel to it. There was a lady sat in the window hand making the dumplings which was fascinating to watch. I went for the fried vegetable dumplings, with a side of spring rolls and they were all delicious!
Jen Café


KaoSarn
This little Thai restaurant is in Brixton Village Market and I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. I had my heart set on a vegetable massaman curry, my absolute favourite Thai dish, but they didn't do a vegetarian version (gutted) so I opted for a veggie Thai green. I'm rubbish when it comes to spice and this curry was teetering on the edge of my tolerance, but it was delicious despite the spice!

KaoSarn


Porky's BBQ
This wouldn't have been my first choice of food venue and as the name suggests it's not the best for vegetarians. I guess it's a bit of a heaven for meat lovers, but not so much for the humble vegetarian. I went for the veggie burger, with a side of sweet potato fries, washed down with a Pacifico, my favourite beer. It's not the best veggie burger I've ever had, but I didn't expect much going to a BBQ joint - food here is cheap though and there's a nice atmosphere.

Porky's BBQ

Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh pub is quickly becoming my favourite place in Brixton; mainly because of the huge beer garden, but also thanks to the amazing food. I went for the aubergine and halloumi burger, with a side of chips and coleslaw from the BBQ menu and it was delicious! I also had my eye on the chocolate brownie with toffee sauce, but sadly I was way too full! The BBQ menu is great - there's loads of choice for meat lovers and you get a choice of 2 sides with you main meal.

veggie burger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit