Edinburgh: Planning My Trip

I have a confession to make: I never been to Scotland. Yep, 25 years living in the UK and never once have I stepped north of the English border. Shame on me. This is about to change however, as I'm off to Edinburgh in July with a group of friends! Hurrah! We even managed to find cheap flights, from London to Edinburgh, for a bargain £45 return; leaving after work on Friday and returning Sunday evening. It's about 5 times cheaper than the train and 5 times quicker. Just don't mention my carbon footprint..

Edinburgh

I haven't done much research yet into my trip and I don't know that much about Edinburgh, but I have a few things in mind for what I want to see and do. As always, we'll be opting for a lively hostel to make the most of our budgets as well as being guaranteed great nights out. The hostel of choice has yet to be decided, but we'll be wanting somewhere with a great central location, good value for money with a party reputation. Watch this space.

In terms of sightseeing, we don't actually have that long, so prioritising what we want to see and do is a must.

Edinburgh Castle
I love a good castle, so I'll be visiting Edinburgh Castle FO SHO! It's £16.50 to get in, but it looks like there's lots to see and do, so I'm sure it's worth the price!

Arthur's Seat
I'm not the biggest fan of walking, especially uphill (I'm super lazy FYI). On this occasion, I'm willing to male an exception as there are supposed to be cracking views from the top of Arthur's Seat. Hopefully the weather will be nice, otherwise I really won't be keen for the uphill struggle..

Edinburgh Old Town
Wandering around Edinburgh's Old Town and exploring the small streets will be a great way to spend a morning. Browsing the shops and finding somewhere nice for lunch is a must.

Nightlife
We only have 2 nights to explore Scotland's capital and we want to make the most of it! Visiting some old pubs in the day for a few pints will be on the agenda and sampling the famous nightlife in the evenings will be happening on both nights. Sorry liver, I apologise in advance.

Have you ever visited Edinburgh? What would you recommend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit