5 Places I Want to Visit in Eastern Europe

Hello Wonderful People!

I've been lucky enough to have explored the majority of Western Europe, but I've only been to a handful of Eastern European countries and this needs to change. With plans to go inter-railing around Eastern Europe this summer I have come up with a few must see places that I need to tick off on my trip!

 
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague is arguably one of the most visited cities in Eastern Europe and has been for a long time. With it's reputation as a stag-do hot spot and over inflated prices it may have lost its appeal to many travellers and culture seekers. Especially as many Eastern European capitals, such as Budapest and Belgrade, are becoming popular city break destinations and prove to be a much cheaper alternative. However, this hasn't put me off wanting to go there. I loved visiting Budapest and apparently the cities are quite similar. Plus the nightlife in Prague has always had a great reputation and this is always a huge plus in my book.

Lake Bled, Slovenia
My friend went inter-railing a few years ago and this was one of her favourite stops. After seeing her pictures and doing some research, Lake Bled quickly shot to the top of my must-visit-places. Visiting in the summer is a must so I can go for a dip in the lake without running the risk of freezing to death! I'd also love to rent a boat and (attempt) to row to Bled Island, that sits in the centre of the lake. Bled Castle, which sits atop a hill overlooking the lake is also somewhere I'll have to visit. Not only do I love a good castle and a bit of history, but the hill top location will provide stunning views over the lake and surrounding country-side.

Belgrade, Serbia
The nightlife in Belgrade is supposed to be sick, and this is one of the main reasons I want to go here. Sorry, not sorry. Many of the summer bars and clubs are located on riverside boats and barges, which is pretty cool in my book. I've also heard that pretty much 99.9% of the clubs and bars are free to enter, which is another huge plus as I'm always travelling on a budget! Belgrade Beer Fest is another reason I want to visit. The festival is now in it's 13th year, is free to enter and is the biggest beer festival in South Eastern Europe. Not only are there 100s of beers available, but there's a huge music line-up to also keen you entertained.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratislava is also known for it's lively nightlife and cafĂ© culture, so I'd (obviously) love to experience this. I'd love to explore the Old Town, which is a completely car-free, pedestrian zone, something that is extremely hard to find in the majority of places, let alone a city. I also need to squeeze in a bit of culture when I visit, so a trip to Devin Castle will be on my list of things to see in the Slovakian capital, as I love a good castle and bit of history.

Istanbul, Turkey
I've wanted to visit Istanbul for years and I now don't know if I'll get the chance; what with ISIS doing their thing and blowing up anyone and everyone who doesn't follow their bat-shit beliefs. I don't like things like this putting me off travelling, so I'm determined to visit one day. As Istanbul straddles two continents, Asia and Europe, it's famously known for its distinct mix of culture as East meets West. I'd love to do a walking tour and take in some of the historical sites that Istanbul has to offer. Visiting some of the famous mosques and churches would also be on my list, as well as exploring the Grand Bazaar, which is something I'd love to check out. 

Have you visited any of these places? Where would you like to visit in Eastern Europe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit