Christmas in London

Hello Wonderful People!

It's that time of year again! Christmas is fast approaching and the new year is just round the corner. If, like me, you are super unorganised then you are starting to panic about Christmas shopping. I'm feeling super festive and my Christmas tree was up and decorated on December 1st, I'm just really struggling with the whole gift-buying situation. Every time I attempt to buy my nearest and dearest a present, I seem to get distracted by the wonderful Christmas attractions that London has to offer! And there are a lot of them, trust me! So, instead of using my time wisely to do a spot of online Christmas shopping, I'm going to recommend a whole bunch of things for you to do in London this Christmas!



Winter Wonderland
Yes, it's crowded. Yes, it's overpriced. But it's so much fun!! I love Winter Wonderland and all it's overcrowded, overpriced Christmas joy! I've already been twice this year and plan to squeeze in another visit before it closes. There's enough food, rides, markets, drinks and music to keep everyone entertained for an afternoon. Head to the Bavarian Village for mulled wine and steins. Wander round for some tasty treats and hop on the big wheel for an aerial view of the wonderland. 



South Pole Saloon
This new winter themed pop-up in Brixton is the must-visit place in London this Christmas season. It's basically the wild-west meets snow all rolled into one outside bar/ eatery. There's food, fake snow galore and huge cocktails in barrels. What's not to like?! Be sure to buy tickets in advanced, as it gets super busy in the evenings and closes at 12am.



Southbank Christmas Markets
I love the Southbank, it's always been one of my favourite spots in London. Especially at Christmas. There's a whole host of Christmas market stalls where you can treat yourself or your loved ones. The atmosphere is always great and there's food and mulled wine too!

Ice-skating
Now, I'm not the best or most skilled ice-skater and haven't been in many a year. However, there are so many different ice rinks popping up all over the city this Christmas that I feel I should don my skates and give ice-skating another whirl. Somerset House, Canary Wharf, Hampton Court, Winter Wonderland and The Natural History Museum all boast impressive ice rinks. So wherever you are in the capital, you'll never be too far away from a slippy-sliddy-skatey afternoon of fun! 

Covent Garden
There's always something going on in Covent Garden and Christmas is no exception! The Market Building in the main piazza is decorated with baubles, lights and mistletoe. There's a ginormous Christmas tree and a huge reindeer statue. Head over for a real Christmas buzz, you'll even be able to fit in a spot of shopping or a mince pie and mulled wine.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit