The Dos and Don'ts of Finding Accommodation in London

Hello Wonderful People!

Moving to London was one of the best decisions I ever made, even though it can still infuriate me at times. There are far more positives than negatives as soon as you find a place to live and get everything relocated. Until that point, however, life can be hell. Let me tell you now that I do not miss looking for a place to stay.



Because I have been through the process, I think I am qualified to offer some advice. Here are a few of the dos and don'ts you want to embrace and avoid in equal measure.

Don’t Sign For The First Flat You See
Probably the biggest mistake that potential buyers and renters make in London. I know that the temptation to get your accommodation settled is massive because I have been there. But, I also know that I nearly missed out on a place I love because I was too quick to sign on the dotted line. Yes, competition for places is fierce, but you have more time and options than estate agents like to tell you.

Do Be Quick And Efficient
Still, you don’t have time to waste. Properties in London have been known to sell faster than hotcakes, so you need to be on the ball. Spend your time wisely and try and see as many properties as you can. That way, you have a good indication of what is on the market and what is realistically going to be available.

Do Be Flexible
Everyone has a picture of the perfect London home. But, on occasion, we cannot always fulfil that dream for a lot of reasons. For that reason, it is important to be flexible when it comes to properties. I know you won’t want to give up on your dream, but there are plenty of options available.

Do Be Realistic
Money is going to play a big factor in the final result. The less you have, the fewer options that are available. Simply put, if you cannot afford a three bedroom apartment in Green Park, you won’t get a three bedroom apartment in Green Park.

Don’t Rule Out Any Option Until You Have Your Research
London is home to a lot of different options for buyers and renters, some you may not have come across. Just because you don’t understand them, however, doesn’t mean they aren’t the right option. Short term lets in London are always a good choice because they don’t tie you into a property you hate, for example. Always do your research, no matter how confident you are that it is a good decision.

Do Ask The Estate Agent For Help
If you love a place, ask the estate agent what your options are. It may be that they can hold the property for you for a couple of days until you look at few more. Or, until you get the money together to pay the rent. If they are likely to get a deal from you, they will go out of their way to help you out because it profits them, too.

So, there are my tips. Hopefully, they were some help.

Good Luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit