My Skiing Holiday Wishlist

Hello Wonderful People!

Summer is definitely my favourite time for travelling. However, there can be something magical about winter, even though it's cold. Plus, you can often get a cheaper holiday, as long as you avoid going at Christmas and New Year. I've been adventurous on my travels and indulged in skydiving and bungee jumping, so I do like a thrill. And winter is one of the best times to find one, especially if you enjoy skiing or snowboarding. There are lots of ski resorts all over Europe that offer not just sports, but spas, cosy lodges and sometimes great shopping too. I ski whenever I can, so naturally I have a list of places I want to visit. Here are the best countries in Europe for strapping on your skis.


France
France is one of the most popular locations for a first skiing experience. If you've never been before, people often pick a resort such as Les Deux Alps or Val d'Isere. A lot of people have a little bit of French knowledge from school. So you have a backup if you come across anyone who doesn't speak English. There are so many resorts in the Alps that you might have trouble trying to find somewhere you like. There's Val Thorens, the highest resort in Europe, Alpe d'Huez, Megève and more. You can choose between anything from a basic package holiday to chalet luxury.

Italy
Italy is another great country for skiing. Momentum Ski recommends some of its resorts as the best places to go in Europe. It has some excellent places to visit at high altitudes. And they have great conditions for skiing. If you're a beginner, Passo Tonale is small and great value, with gentle slopes to start off on. But since I've been skiing before, I would rather try somewhere like Corvara, where I can challenge myself, but I don't have to be an expert. Apart from the skiing conditions, there are some incredible luxury hotels there that I would love to stay in.

Switzerland
Most people probably think that Switzerland is the home of luxury ski resorts. And there are some incredibly expensive and luxurious places to visit. But the country doesn't only cater to celebrities and the super rich. It might be a little more expensive than other destinations, but it's not too expensive. There are some pretty famous resorts that everyone's heard of, like Zermatt and St Moritz. I would love to visit Verbier, in the French part of the country, and stay in a comfortable chalet.

Poland
Maybe Poland wouldn't be the first choice of destination for a lot of skiers. But if you want to save money, some of the countries in Central and Eastern Europe are better choices. Some of the resorts are still growing, but they're on the up. Poland is one of the best places for a budget skiing holiday. The most popular resort is Zakopane, which is south of Krakow. It's every bit as picturesque as a resort in France or Switzerland.

I haven't been able to do that much skiing lately, but I loved my trip earlier this year. Hopefully I'll be able to go again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit