Barcelona: Planning My Trip

Hello Wonderful People!

For a combined birthday and Christmas present my dad has got my brother and I flights to, and accommodation in, Barcelona! Plus a couple of tickets to see Barcelona play at the Nou Camp too! I literally can't describe how excited I am! I love Barcelona, it's one of my favourite European cities and I've always wanted to watch a game at Barcelona's famous stadium. I've only been to the famous Spanish city once before, about 11 years ago, so I can't wait to go back and re-explore! My memory from that trip is also pretty hazy (which doesn't bode well for my older self if my brain is already failing), so I'd love to check out all the famous landmarks again too!


Eat
When in Spain, it has to be tapas! Sitting in a tapas bar and people watching was one of my favourite memories from my last trip to Barcelona. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach though, and I completely fill up on the miniature dishes, so there's no room left for a meal later. This is totally fine with me though! I will also be enjoying my tapas with a glass of sangria in hand; something I couldn't enjoy when I last went at the age of 13. Also, as a vegetarian, I'll be keeping an eye out for great veggie tapas dishes and restaurants that serve up good veggie options!

See
Barcelona play at the Nou Camp! I've got tickets to see Barcelona v Athletic Bilbao and I'm super excited!! I've always wanted to see Barcelona play and to do so on their home turf will be an incredible experience. The Nou Camp is one of the most iconic and impressive football stadiums in the world, and as I'm a huge football fan it's been on my bucket list for a while! Wandering down the famous and busy street Las Ramblas and checking out the sights is also on the list; as is visiting the famous gothic cathedral.

Do
As I'm off to Spain in January, I don't think there will be an appropriate time to hit the beach. So this is a great excuse to explore some of the cities other landmarks. And what's the best (and my most favourite) way of getting to know a city? A walking tour, wahoooo!! As you'll probably know, I'm a huge advocate of the walking tour, as I think it's the best way to really get a feel for the city. Plus, you get to see all the famous sites while getting to know your way round and learn all about the city you're visiting. Some of the sites I'm hoping to tick off my Barcelona wish list are; Gaudi architecture and park Guell, markets and Picasso museum.

I've got a lot to pack into my 2 and a half days in Barcelona, but it's a challenge I'm willing to accept!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit