Top Reasons To Go On A River Cruise


Hello Wonderful People!

As experiences go, a river cruise was not at the top of my list. Not by a long shot! My travelling wish list consists of the weird and the wonderful from across the globe that everyone one day dreams of visiting. Like island hopping in Thailand or going to St Petersburg in Russia. You know something glamorous and full of culture. However, the other day I had an interesting conversation about river cruises and did a bit of research. Want to know what I found out? I found out that a river cruise sounds pretty amazing! Yep, I have completely changed my perspective, and I hope that you do too.


It Is A Leisurely Experience
I love travelling, but at times it seems like I get to one place and then have to move onto the next. It is great to say I have seen certain places, yet sometimes I often think do I really travel around that place? Well, you cannot say that with a river cruise. One of the main river cruise tips is that you take your time and enjoy the experience. At times, there is nothing better than relaxing and peering out into the sunset. How often can you do that in Britain?

Time To Explore
I was under the impression that you spent the majority of your time cramped up on a dingy boat in the middle of nowhere. From what I can gather, that is not the case and there is a lot of free time to check out towns and cities. When the boat docks, you can jump off and go and do a bit of exploring and take in the local culture. What’s better is that you can take your time and take in more of the local surroundings as a result. My favourite part of travelling is experiencing new environments and then sampling the local culture.

It’s For Grownups
Okay, I am not going to insult your intelligence and tell you that I am all grown up and don’t like messing around and enjoying myself. Of course I do, but I don’t like to do it all the time. Sometimes, it is nice to take the edge off and have a civilised conversation, which can be tricky sometimes! Normally, a holiday with a bunch of middle-aged grownups wouldn’t stand out to me, but at the minute it might be just what I need. Some of the immature 'lads' on the travelling scene are starting to annoy me!

It’s An Experience
And, after all, what is this blog about? It is about me trying to take in as many new experiences as I can because life is too short. Although some experiences might not be my cup of tea, how would I know if I didn’t take the plunge and find out for myself? Seriously, life is just too short not to take a few risks.

The only thing I need now is the money to get back on the horse. Anyone fancy lending me a couple of quid?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit