The London List: Sightseeing

Hello Wonderful People!

My parents have been visiting London for the past couple of weekends, which gave me the perfect excuse to check out some more of London's famous sights and events. I've managed to squeeze in art, culture and a little bit of music; all of which I highly recommend to check out if you can!

 
Highlights:

Urban Art - Brixton
This art festival has been running in Brixton for the past few years, so I headed down with some friends to check it out. Several of the roads, just off Brixton Hill, were lined with the most amazing artwork. Artists from all over had come to display and sell their creations. There were also street artists spray painting temporary structures; watching their skill and precision was awe-inspiring.
 
 
39 Steps
I went to watch this with my dad; it was his pick and I initially thought it wouldn't be the kind of play I'd enjoy. However, the performance was brilliant! There are only 4 characters, paying a variety of rolls with limited props - which makes the play hilarious and extremely clever. If you fancy something a little different from the average West End show - check it out!
 
War Horse
My expectations for War Horse were sky high and I was not disappointed! The play was absolutely spectacular! I read the book years and years ago, so had a vague understanding of the storyline, and couldn't imagine how the plot could be transferred to the stage. The use of the horse props was incredible and I was in complete awe of the whole production. War Horse has to be up there with my favourite ever shows.
 
Spotlight Festival - Seven Dials
I love Seven Dials - it's has a amazing collection of bespoke shops, cafes and restaurants in the lovely little streets surrounding the Seven Dials monument. Last weekend the area played host to Spotlight Festival; a free one day event filled with street food, comedy, music and entertainment. Sitting in the sun, pint in hand, while watching a variety of acts was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit