6 Reasons Why I'm Planning A Bonnes Vacance

Hello Wonderful People!

OK, so I’m looking into heading over to France in the not-too-distant future. And I won’t be alone. It is the world’s most visited country, which is an impressive statistic. Especially when you consider the size of somewhere like the U.S. But why do people love it so much?

Well, I can’t speak for the world, but having been across the Channel several times myself, I can give you my thoughts. So, today I’m going to do my bit for the French tourist board and reveal my top five reasons why I love a Gallic holiday. On y va!

France
It’s close
France has always been easy to get to from the south coast of England, but since the Channel Tunnel was built, it’s an absolute doddle. I love the sea journeys, but if you want to get to Paris in no time at all, then the direct line on the Eurostar from St Pancras takes a couple of hours. You can also think about the Eurotunnel. It’s a bit of a wait at Folkestone, but it gets into Calais in about 35 minutes. It’s amazing to have the world’s most popular tourist destination right on our doorstep. If you haven’t been yet, I thoroughly recommend that you give it a try.

The scenery
France has everything. The sandy beaches of the French Riviera in the south, the beautiful scenery on the west coast and the charm and ruggedness of Normandy. What’s not to love? The road systems are better than ours here in the UK, too, so it’s much easier to get around.

The flexibility
France is also the best base you could ask for if you want to go on a mini European tour. Stay near the eastern border, and you can access Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Germany. Stay in the south and you can go through the Alps to Italy, hop across the Med to Corsica, or over the Pyrenees to Spain and Andorra.

Paris is on my bucket list
As regular readers of my blog might know, I’m keen to tick off a romantic meal in Paris from my bucket list. Am I going to make it on my next trip? Well, watch this space! And, in the words of Audrey Hepburn in the film Pandora; “Paris is always a good idea.” And that says everything you need to know.

The accommodation
One of the biggest reasons I love a French breakaway is that the accommodation manages to capture the spirit of the country. Nothing will tell you more about the French way of life than staying in a beautiful villa or gite, surrounded by fields and natural scenery. It’s about as far removed from London life as can be.

The food
Let’s not beat around the bush - the French can be a little snobbish about their food. But, having experienced some of the best meals I have ever tasted there, it’s not much of a surprise. It’s great value, too. A fantastic meal and a good wine cost a small fraction of the price you would pay over here. So, whatever your budget, you will find somewhere in France that will suit you down to the ground.

So - what are your experiences of France? I’d love to hear about them so feel free to let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit