Emerald Street Brunch

Hello wonderful people!

If, like me, you absolutely love The Stylist and sign up to their awesome daily emails from Emerald Street, you'll probably have heard about the Emerald Street Brunch. The event took place last Saturday, and was packed full of food stalls offering all kinds of mouth watering brunch dishes. Food and drink weren't the only thing on offer though; you could get temporary tattoos, have your hair braided, make a flower crown or take part in the hilarious egg drop. The weather was glorious and my friend Brooke (check out her lovely blog here) and I ended up spending the whole day there, there was just so much to eat, drink and do. It was awesome.

Emerald Street Brunch

The Food
I honestly didn't know you could get some many varieties of brunch. There were so many amazing stalls, selling all varieties of cuisines that we were completely stuck for choice. I opted for a delicious pitta filled with grilled aubergines, salsa and boiled eggs. To curb my sugar cravings I then treated myself to the most amazing, yet unhealthy, cookie-ice-cream-sandwich topped with Lucky Charms. Yum! The choice of food at the event was awesome, there was everything from porridge, to oysters, to BLT sandwiches to pancakes. You name it, it was probably on the menu. Plus, the prices were pretty reasonable as well! My pitta was £5 and it completely filled me up & the cookie-sandwich was £4, so nothing that will break the bank!
 
Cookie Sandwich

The Drink
We were given a free glass of fizz on entry and a voucher for an Aperol Spritz. If you fancied another tipple, you could choose from a selection of cocktails, bloody Mary's or a fully stocked bar. Aperol Spritz and sparkling wine were definitely the drinks of the day. If you didn't fancy a beverage of the alcoholic kind, then there was a great selection of coffees, mixed fruit juices, slushies and non-alcoholic cocktails.

Drink and temporary tattoo

The Egg Drop
Design a box, put an egg in it, drop it off a crane and make sure the egg doesn't smash. Simples. The egg drop was definitely my favourite part of the day, it was so much fun and everyone got fully involved! Things got slightly competitive and we spent a good half an hour, maybe more, perfecting our boxes in the hope that our eggs would survive. I stuffed my box full of cotton wool balls and hacked a mop head to use the fabric as extra padding. We then wrapped our eggs in copious amounts of cloth, cut out the centre of a giant sponge and nestled the egg inside. I was quietly confident that our eggs would survive the drop, until I saw the height of the crane. We watched in anticipation as the boxes were dropped, one by one, from the crane and hit the ground with forceful slaps. Somehow our eggs, along with a fair few others, survived the fall and we were rewarded with another free glass of fizz. Perfecto!

The Fashion Bits 
Free temporary tattoos, hair braiding and crafting were all on offer throughout the day. There were several temporary tattoos available, designed by Rosie Wonders, I went for a really cute gold and silver floral design around my wrist and a quirky giraffe on my forearm. 3 days later and the tattoos are still going strong.. I'm tempted to make them a permanent edition! We also were lucky enough to join one of the flower crown work shops, run by The Mighty Quinns Flower Emporium. You got to choose from a range of fresh flowers and then design and create your own flower crown. It was great fun and we looked super festival-chic wandering round afterwards showing off our newly made flower crowns. The only downside of the day was having to queue for over 2 hours to get our hair braided. Standing for that long in the sun was not great, and if I'm honest my braid was pretty pants (sorry, not sorry).

The MakeryTemporary Tattoos
 
Other than one slight complaint, I loved my day at Emerald Street Bruch. There was great food, drink, people and activities; what more could you want?! Same time next year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit