Dublin: Planning My Trip

Hello Wonderful People!
 
It's happened again. I've booked another trip. It's official, I'll happily hold my hands up and admit it; I have an addiction to booking flights. Cuff me. I'm off to Dublin at the start of August for a short weekend break. I've been to Dublin once before, when I was younger with my family and loved it. Plus, my mums side of the family are Irish and live near Cork, so I've been there a few times as well. It's safe to say, I absolutely love Ireland and can't wait to visit again!

Dublin

As I'll only be in Dublin for less than 48 hours, and will probably be hung over 80% of the time, it's probably a good idea to plan a few things before I go. Hung over me is the least productive or responsive person ever, I'm pretty much a zombie. So it's best that I already know what's going to happen in the day so I can mentally prepare myself for it.

Temple Bar
This area of the city is famous for it's cobbled streets, cafes, pubs and (most importantly) rowdy nightlife. I'm really looking forward to a night out in Dublin, as the Irish really know how to party, so this is definitely the area to head to. I also really want to have a pint in The Temple Bar pub, as it's become an iconic watering hole in the Irish capital and the pub itself looks really cool!

Guinness Store House
I really don't like Guinness. So the Guinness Store House probably isn't the best place for me to visit. When in Ireland though, surely it would be rude not to? Plus, I've heard it's worth a visit, even for none-Guinness lovers. Maybe after a few free samples I'll have changed my opinion, who knows?

Walking Tour
As you may have already gathered, I love a walking tour. They really are the best way to see a city and get to know your way around. Walking tours are also brilliant if you don't have much time in a city, but want to see as much as possible. It's normally pretty easy to find a free tour in most major cities and they're guaranteed to take you past all the major sites. Plus you'll get a running commentary about the history of the city, fun facts and tips on the best places to eat and drink.

Dublin Castle
I love a good castle, they're great. If I have enough time during my whistle stop tour of Dublin, then I'd love to go and check it out. Some sections of the castle's architecture are among the oldest in the city, which is pretty cool for a history geek like myself. I'm not quite sure how keen I'll be to wander round a castle with a raging hangover though.. Watch this space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit