Top 5 Bucket List Destinations

Hello Wonderful People!

I don't know about you, but I have a Bucket List, and I'm determined to tick everything off it before I kick the bucket. I think everyone should have a Bucket List, in some form or other. You don't necessarily (like I do) have to put pen to paper and religiously tick things off once you've accomplished them. Merely having a set of goals and ideas in your head, of the things you'd like to see, do and achieve throughout your life, is pretty much the same as having a Bucket List. I'm fortunate enough to have already accomplished several of my goals in life and have ticked a fair few things off my list. While I still have so much more to see and do, there are a few travel related things (surprise, surprise) I can't wait to cross off my list in the next few years. 

Globe
Visit Machu Picchu, Peru
I briefly visited Peru last summer, it was the last stop on my whistle stop tour of South America and we only had time to check out Lima. This is obviously a complete travesty, as one of the main reasons people visit Peru is to see Machu Picchu. Sadly, my time and funds were extremely limited and I never got the chance. However, it is right at the top of places I want to visit. I've seen so many photographs and heard so many tales from people who have been to Machu Picchu, that I absolutely have to go there.

Go on Safari, Kenya
This is something I've always wanted to do, from a very young age. I've only ever seen lions, elephants, zebras giraffes etc in captivity, so seeing amazing animals in their natural habitat would be amazing. Plus, I would love to do a bit more exploring in Africa and think the Kenya would be a great place to start. The culture and countryside are nothing like I've ever experienced before, so visiting Kenya and doing a safari would be an awesome holiday.

See the Northern Lights, Iceland
This natural phenomenon has to be one of the most magical and awe-inspiring in the world. To actually witness this would be completely amazing. I'm not particularly fussy as to where I see them; visiting Canada, Finland, Norway or Sweden would be pretty awesome, as long as I actually got to glimpse the famous Aurora Borealis! However, if I did have a choice, I'd love to go to Iceland as there are so many other amazing things that Iceland has to offer.

Go to the Rio Carnival, Brazil
After visiting Rio last year, I don't feel that I experienced as much of the city as I could have done. In fact, I wasn't a massive fan of Rio at all. This may have had something to do with the weather being completely pants; it rained solidly for 4 days. I also went during the build up to the World Cup, and tensions were high among the Brazilian population who didn't want to competition to take place.  I'm willing to give it a second chance though. So going back for the carnival, when the city is in it's prime is an absolute must. Hopefully the weather will be slightly better too!

Visit the Salt Flats, Bolivia 
I never got the chance to visit Bolivia when I was in South America, and it's one of my biggest regrets! From what I've heard Bolivia is a crazy country, with amazing people and unreal natural beauty. A trip to the world's biggest salt flats, Salar de Uyuni, would be an absolute must if I ever get the chance to visit Bolivia. All the photographs I've seen are stunning, especially when the flats are covered in water, creating a perfect mirror image with the sky. I would be in my element taking photos all day!

Comments

  1. Oh, such incredible destinations! I would also love to see the Northern Lights or go to a Carnaval in rio. Hope you can do it someday soon! With love,
    Vera

    The Flash Window | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rio Carnival is on my travel bucket list too!! Can't wait.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit