The London List: Sightseeing

Hello Wonderful People!
 
I've now been living in London for nearly 7 months, which is totally crazy. The time has flown by and I haven't actually done as much sightseeing as I'd have like to. My weekends are usually taken up by seeing friends or chilling out with my housemates, rather than actually getting out and about in London. I have managed to see a few more sights, but my list is seriously lacking at the moment. Poor show on my behalf. I've been blaming my lack of exploring on the miserable winter weather, as traipsing round in the rain really isn't that much fun. However, the evenings are slowly getting lighter and spring is just round the corner, giving me no excuse to get up and explore the sights London has to offer.

St Martins in the Fields Church

Highlights:
 
Brick Lane
I'd been wanting to visit Brick Lane for ages, so when my mum came down to visit, we headed over to explore. I loved the vintage markets and all the food stalls.. I was in free taster heaven. We also stopped off for a cake and hot chocolate in on of the vintage markets, and I treated myself to 6 macaroons. My mum had to dash off after a while to catch her train, so I'd love to return and spend a bit more time exploring.

Churchill's War Rooms
I'm a self confessed history geek, so visiting the war rooms was right down my street. It was about £13 to enter and you're given a hand held speaker to walk round with. As you wander through the maze of corridors, you listen to a running commentary from the speaker which divulges all the facts and secrets from the war. The war rooms not only give a great insight into the politics of WW2, but they also give a detailed history on the life of Churchill. My favourite part of the exhibition was a genuine graffiti Hitler, drawn on a huge wall map of Europe by a member of Churchill's cabinet. Banter.

 
Still to see:
 
The Natural History Museum - I don't think I've ever been here (unless it was when I was little) so I'd love to go and check it out. They also do Late events once a month, so it would be fun to have a wander round with a bevvy in hand.
West End Show - I've seen loads of shows in the West End over the years, but I've not been to a show since moving to London. However, this will soon change as I'm off to see Billy Elliot next week with my dad. I can't wait!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit