The London List: Sightseeing

Hello Wonderful People
 
I've now been living in London for 5 months, and it's gone by in a flash. It's one of those funny time scales where I feel like I've been in London forever, yet also seems like the time has gone by at lightning speed. I've managed to do a bit more exploring since my last sightseeing post, but I've also managed to add to my list of places I'd still like to visit! Watch this space!


Highlights:
 
Science Museum Lates
On the last Wednesday of every month the Science Museum opens its doors to over 18s for a late night session. Alcohol and food is available along with different activities, exhibitions and a silent disco. The best part? It's free!
 
 
Borough Market
I finally managed a trip to Borough Market a few weeks ago and was not disappointed!! I devoured so many samples of free cheese and treated myself to the most amazing vegetarian samosa and a chocolate fudge brownie. Food heaven!
 
Winter Wonderland
I went to Winter Wonderland for the first time ever this Christmas. Despite being a tourist trap, it's great fun! I spend a whole afternoon roasting marshmallows at a fire pit and sipping mulled wine. What more could you want on a winter day?
 
 
 
Still to see:
 
St. Pauls Cathedral - I've only ever seen this building from afar and would love to actually see it up close and personal or go inside. There's no excuse as to why I haven't visited yet.. it's on my to do list!
 
Brick lane - I've heard so much about this quirky area of London and it sounds like the kind of place I would love! My mum is visiting this weekend and I'm hoping we'll get the chance to visit!

Comments

  1. Hello! I saw your post through the Google community of Travel bloggers and Photographers. So lucky to live in London - I love that city! If you go over by Brick Lane, check out Tayyabs for Indian food (but make a reservation online, gets super crowded). My fav place to go in that area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I love Indian food, it's one of my favourites, so I'll deffo be checking it out, thanks for the recommendation! :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit