Copenhagen: Planning my Trip

Hallo Prachtige Mensen!
 
After getting back from Poland last month, I had severe holiday blues, so decided to book another long weekend with some friends. After lots of debating we finally decided on Copenhagen as our destination. I've never been before and have been dabbling in a little research in order to plan my trip. Now, I'm not normally the most organised of travellers, so all this planning malarkey is new to me. I normally like to wing it when I arrive somewhere and discover things on my own or through recommendations. In an attempt to be prepared and make the most out of my trip I've decided to put together a list of things to see and do whilst I'm in the city. Then hopefully, when I arrive back from my trip, I'll have a fully packed blog post detailing all my adventures!

Copenhagen
 

Where to stay?
As I'm a budget traveller, there's only one option for where I'm going to stay and that's a hostel. However, actually deciding which hostel to stay in is quite a tricky process. My favourite websites to use when looking for accommodation has to be Hostel Bookers and Trip Advisor, they are both amazing. So I've been doing a little research and come across a few hostels that I like the look of. When looking for somewhere to stay the location, atmosphere and price are always on top of my list. So which ever hostel I finally choose will ideally be located in the city centre, have a great reputation and be reasonably priced.

What to see?
I'm not a massive fan of traipsing round museums and galleries all day when I visit a new place. Sure, one museum for an hour or so is ok, but any longer and I tend to get distracted. With this in mind I probably won't be checking out The National Gallery of Denmark or the Museum of Modern Art. Sorry not sorry. The only museum I'd consider going to would be the Carlsberg museum, purely so I can have a drink. I'd also love to see the Little Mermaid statue and visit one of the many palaces or castles in the city. I do love a good castle!

Where to go?
I've heard the Christiania district of Copenhagen is a quirky and alternative hippy area, so this is definitely on my list of things to do. I'd also like to check out Nyhavn (see above picture) as this area looks super cute and is apparently a great place to grab a drink or bite to eat. Now this might seem quite odd, as I'm visiting Copenhagen, but I'd also love to squeeze in a quick trip to Sweden while I'm in the Danish capital. I've never been before and Malmo is only a short train journey across the sea. So I think it would be great to check out the city for an afternoon, as it's so close by. Plus, it means I get to tick another country off my list! Winner.

What to eat?
As a vegetarian, I always worry before I visit a new country that there won't be much for me to eat. I can always fall back on the old faithful Italian food, but I love to try the local food if I can! I've done a bit of research on Danish food, and it's not looking good for veggies, sob. Pretty much all of their native dishes contain meat or fish and I've struggled to find anywhere that suggests a vegetarian option. Looks like I'll be stuffing myself with Danish pastries, as they're about the only meat free thing I can find. Not cool, not cool at all Denmark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit