2014: The Highlights

Hello Wonderful People!
 
What a year. I can't quite believe that it's coming to an end; life really does get quicker as you get older. 2013 was a pretty awesome year and I thought it would be pretty impossible for 2014 to top it, but it may just have done. After an epic 4 month travelling adventure in 2013, I thought my long-trip travelling days were over. I was ready to get a real life job, settle into adult life and make do with weekend breaks and holidays to ease my travel cravings. Well, it's nearly December and I've somehow managed to visit 7 new countries and 2 new continents. Plus I've landed an awesome job and moved to London; something I've always wanted to do. Not too shabby. While this year has been up there with some of the best, there have also been a fair few rubbish moments that we won't dwell on. At the start of the year I was still living at home and decided that I wanted to do a spot more travelling before making the big move to London. While all this seemed like a great little plan, I wasn't that confident that I'd pull it all off..

South America
Back in May I did a month long, whistle stop tour of South America. I managed to pack in some amazing sights; Christ the Redeemer and Rio de Janerio, Iguazu Falls (SO AMAZING), the beautiful Buenos Aires and driving through the Andes. Plus I was there during the World Cup, so the atmosphere on the continent was pretty special. However, being in a hostel full of Uruguayans when England lost to Uruguay was not too fun.






Glastonbury
Glastonbury Festival is possibly my favourite place in the whole world. This year was my 6th year at Worthy Farm, and it did not disappoint. Each year the festival gets bigger, better and crazier and there's always something new to discover. Despite being extremely tired and jet lagged (I landed from South America 20 hours earlier), I managed to have a very jam-packed, sleep deprived festival. The highlights of the festival had to be: watching the sun-rise from the stone circle, fancy dress Friday, the madness of Shangri-la and Kasabian closing the festival.



Moving to London
After a pretty busy summer of festivals and travelling, I somehow managed to land my dream job in London. So I had a couple of weeks to find a house, pack up my life at home and move down to the big smoke. I was lucky enough to find some amazing housemates in a cracking house and I love my job. Plus living in London is awesome; I absolutely love this city! There's always something going on and I can't wait to spend 2015 exploring what it has to offer!





City Breaks
I've managed to squeeze in a few city breaks this year to Budapest, Lisbon and Marrakech. My favourite out of the three probably has to be Marrakech, as the culture there is so different and exciting. However, both Lisbon and Budapest are great European cities, and I'd love to go back again for another city break!


 



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit