3 Places I Wouldn't Revisit (Sorry Not Sorry)

Hello Wonderful People!
Ever heard of the phrase been there, done that, got the t-shirt? Of course you have! Well, I feel this phrase sums up some of the less-interesting places I've been to. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting somewhere new and discovering all it has to offer, but sometimes, there aint that much there. And it aint that great. There aren't that many places I've been to on my travels that haven't inspired me to go back one day, but there are always exceptions to the rule. Well, 3 to be precise. I'll get an apology out of the way now.. I'm sorry if one of your all time favourite places is on this list! Travel is different for everyone and so many different things can influence you opinion and enjoyment of a place. Sadly, for me, these places just didn't float my boat. And while it's nice to say I've been (and got the proverbial t-shirt), I won't be going back in a hurry. Cuff me.
 
 
 Dubai
Dubai really didn't float my boat. I just don't really get the place if I'm honest. I like to go somewhere with a bit of character, personality and history. And Dubai (in my humble opinion) lacks all of these. It just seems like a soulless, futuristic, wealthy tourist trap. Unless you're loaded, you can't really enjoy Dubai, as it's all very much centered around money. The hotels, the shopping centres, the restaurants all cater for the wealthy. Not the bog standard traveller. I only stayed here for 2 nights on a stop over to Bangkok, and that was long enough for me. Sure it was nice to see the crazy big buildings, fancy cars and ridiculous shopping malls. But that's pretty much it. I did go dune bashing and camel riding in the desert though, which was really cool and the one thing I'd recommend doing if you ever visit Dubai.  
 

Lima
There just isn't much to do. A couple of days (if that) is all you need here really. Do a quick tour of the city on a tourist bus, check out the newly discovered ancient temple nestled in the suburbs and that's about it. I'd say Lima is just a base for people before they head off and discover the rest of Peru and the wonder of the world that is Machu Pichu. Other than that, I wouldn't advise a city break here, it just isn't worth it.


Brisbane
Snore. Snore. Snore. I spent just over a week in Brisbane during my Aussie East-Coast adventure, and it was probably the least interesting place I visited. Sorry. Again, there just isn't that much to do here. Especially when the East Coast is filled with way more exciting places like Sydney, Byron Bay and pretty much anywhere along the Great Barrier Reef. As a city, it has pretty much all you'd want, but as a traveller who wants to see and do things, there aint that much choice. I'm not saying you should skip out Brisbane all together, I merely suggest you spend a day (two at most) there. Tick it off the list and move on. Move right on.
 
 



Comments

  1. Poor old Brissie. I lived there for 5 years and you know, I do agree with you. It's just a city.. not a whole lot to do and probably only need a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I liked it as a city, would be a cool place to live.. just not that much to do if you're looking for sightseeing or landmarks!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I've heard so many bad things about Dubai, but I still really want to go :P Maybe I should start to listen to people...

    Controversially, I think the 3 places I wouldn't revisit would be Oslo, Athens and Rome. Great cities, just lacking that excitement I got from other places....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend going to Dubai as a stop-over to somewhere else! Then you get to see it, but aren't stuck there for too long! I couldn't have done more than a few days!

      I've never been to Oslo or Athens.. I went to Rome in my early teens and can't remember that much! I love Italy though, so would like to give Rome a 2nd chance!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit