The London List: Sightseeing

Hello Wonderful People!

I've now been living in London for 3 months and am absolutely loving it! Well, if you minus the soul sucking, life crushing, hell hole of a daily commute then life in London is pretty awesome. There is just so much to do here; sight seeing, bars, restaurants, markets, landmarks, history, shops. You name it, London's got it! Over the years I've probably visited the majority of London's major tourist attractions, but there are a few I'd love to visit again. As I love a good list (how else are you supposed to organise your life?!) I've started to created a few to list some of the best places I've been to and some places I aim to see in the future. The first item on my London List agenda: Sightseeing. 



Sightseeing

London has so many famous landmarks, it would be pretty hard to list them all, and depending on your personal interests the sightseeing options could be endless. I've been to the majority of the famous landmarks in the capital; Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, The Shard, The London Eye but there are so many more things I've yet to discover, and revisiting the old favorites is also a must.

Highlights:

Tower of London Poppies
I think this picture speaks volumes. I'm so glad I got to see this amazing tribute to those who gave their lives in the war.

Trafalgar Square
I walk through Trafalgar Square every day to get to work, and there's always something going on. It's such an iconic place.

Covent Garden 
I love Covent Garden. I'd happily shop here every day, if money was no object. Plus it's a stone throw from my office, so it's always nice to have a wander round.

Southbank
Being right next to the Eye and over looking Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, southbank is a pretty cool area. Plus there's always something going on; it currently home to a Christmas market.

Camden Market
Despite the crowds of tourist, I love Camden Market. The food stalls are amazing, I could happily eat there for the rest of my life. And all the other stalls a full of pretty much everything I want: jewelry, clothes, art and random bits and bobs. Fantastic.

Still to See:

The Tower of London - I've only ever seen this famous building from the outside and would love to do the tour, as I'm a slight history geek.
Borough Market - I love a good market, and despite the tourists Camden Market is a fave of mine. I've heard great things about Borough Market, so I'm prepared to brave the crowds to check it out.
The London Eye - I've been on the Eye twice, but the last time I went was a good 7 years ago, so I'm due another trip! Plus I'd like to go on it at night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit