Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit

Hello Wonderful People!
 
As a self-confessed travel addict suffering from a sever case of wanderlust, I love nothing more than exploring new places, meeting different people and seeing new things. Therefore, once I’ve visited somewhere once I like to tick it off my list and head onto the next destination. As there are so many new places to discover in the world, I don’t want to waste my time going over old ground. Despite this, there have been several places I’ve visited where I’ve completely fallen in love and would like nothing more than to go back and do a bit more exploring. I’m completely torn between jetting off somewhere new, or going back to an old favourite, it’s a tough decision. If I were to choose the latter, these are definitely the 5 places I’d love to revisit.
 
Travelling from Heathrow
 

 
Barcelona, Spain
I’ve only ever been to Barcelona once when I was younger, for a long weekend with my parents and brother. I absolutely loved it so would like to go back now I’m older. I am pretty obsessed with tapas, and completely fell in love with all the tiny little tapas bars that line the back streets of Barcelona. The last time I went, we definitely went a tad OTT on the whole tapas shebang (typical tourists) and stuffed our faces, leaving no room for actually going out for an evening meal. I have no shame, and plan on doing this again, if I return, because the food is just so good and so varied (which is perfecto for someone like me, who is crap at making decisions). I also love the fact that Barcelona is on the coast, meaning you can have the best of both worlds; city living and the beach. I can just picture myself with a glass of sangria in hand, chilling in the Spanish sunshine. Bliss.

Sangria


Koh Rong, Camboida
Whenever I look back through my pictures from Koh Rong I can't actually believe that this place exists. It genuinely looks like something you'd find on a picture perfect paradise island postcard. The tiny island, off the coast of Cambodia, really is a hidden gem and I would love to go back! As the island is so remote, it only has electricity for a few hours a day, which is pretty cool if you want to get away from hectic modern life. Plus the beach is amazing, and there are always several traditional fishing boats bobbing along the shore line. The water is crystal clear and you can hire a kayak if you fancy exploring a teeny tiny island just off the shore. This place is unreal and I can't wait to go back, one day! 

On the beach on Koh Rong
 

British Columbia, Canada
Canada has to be up there with one of the most impressive countries I've been to. The landscape in BC is totally awe-inspiring, especially when you come from the UK where our countryside normally consists of rolling hills, rather than snow capped peaks or lakes the size of Wales. I went to Canada with my family when I was 15 and don't think I completely appreciated what I was seeing. The whole holiday was amazing, as we hired a huge campervan and road tripped through the Rocky Mountains. Plus we went white water rafting, whale watching and climbed a glacier. It was a pretty epic holiday and I'd love to return! 
 
Sydney, Australia
I absolutely loved Sydney. It has everything; buzzing city life, beaches, sun and impressive land marks. Nothing quite beats the feeling of seeing an iconic building in the flesh. I'd spent 22 years seeing images of the Sydney Opera House, always wondering if I'd ever travel to the other side of the world to see it. So when I stood outside it for the first time, the moment felt totally surreal! Sydney is a great city and I only spent a week here, in the winter, so I'd love to return in the summer months and really make the most of areas like Bondi in the sun. Plus, I'd love to do a boat tour around Sydney Harbour to see the city from a completely different point of view. One day, one day.

Sunset at the Sydney Opera House

Vietnam
I can't choose a favourite place in Vietnam, so I'm nominating the whole country! I don't quite know what it was about Vietnam, out of all the countries I visited in South East Asia, but I absolutely loved it. The people, the food and the scenery all made this country an absolute delight. My highlights had to be Ha Long Bay, Nha Trang and Saigon - I'd visit them all again if I had the chance! Plus I'd love to visit Sapa, as I never got the chance while I was there and the pictures look unreal.

Ha Long Bay, Floating Village


In association with Booked.net - Top Destinations to Go There. I'd like to thank the lovely Lucy from http://absolutelylucy.com/ for my nomination!

Comments

  1. Love this post - we want to go back to a lot of the same places! I went to Barcelona last Easter and love it! I am going back to Sydney over Christmas because I love it so much (I lived there for a year) and I also desperately want to revisited Vietnam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous that you're going back to Sydney!! That will be amazing! Yeah I really want to go back to Vietnam and do it all again! Just got to find the time and money haha! A weekend break to Barcelona is doable though :) x

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes! I would also go back to Barca and Vietnam! Vietnam is in my top 3 fav countries! Such a great place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh same!! I love it so so much! Such an amazing country! I need to go back there, and soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie