London Town

Hello Wonderful People!

After graduating two years ago I have spent my time working and travelling, working and travelling, as I didn’t really know what I wanted to do with my life. And, to be honest, I wasn’t quite ready to join the big, bad adult world. However, I have recently moved to London and started a real life adult job. Shock horror. This is something I’ve always wanted to do, as I’ve been in love with London for years. I always said ‘one day I’ll live there’, never really knowing if it would become a reality or not. But it did, and here I am working in a lovely office in-between Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden and living in an amazing house in Forest Hill. I’ve somehow stumbled into adulthood, and I’m loving it, which is quite scary. As I'm a relative newbie to the big smoke, I thought I'd start to share a few of my experiences with all you travel lovers. I know I'm probably biased, as London is my capital city, but I've been to a fair few capitals in my time (around 25) and London has to be up there with the best! Plus, if anyone is visiting the UK, you can pretty much guarantee that they'll visit be paying a visit to London. So hopefully all you travel lovers will find these posts rather helpful and hopefully interesting!



I have moved to a lovely little area of South East London called Forest Hill. It's not the most well connected area of London, with one train/over ground station, but it only takes me around 45 minutes to get to work, which is pretty good for London standards. Trains regularly go direct to London Bridge, which only takes around 15 minutes or you can get the over ground to Canada Water and change there for the Jubilee Line. My favourite thing about Forest Hill is the fact that the high street is full of independent shops and cafes (bar a Sainsbury’s). A few weeks ago, to coincide with London Fashion Week, Forest Hill had its own mini fashion week. Many of the local shops, cafes and pubs got involved, hosting workshops and fashion shows. I went to a jumble sale and grabbed a few bargains; a new pair of boots, a top and a shirt for a wee £15. Cracking bargain if I do say so myself! I also checked out a vintage fair and there were bands playing in the train station car park. All in all it was a great weekend in Forest Hill. And the best bit? It's not just a one off, it happens every fashion week!
 

Working smack bang in central London allows me to explore all the hidden gems the city has to offer, as well as check out the old tourist favourites. I love Covent Garden so much, and there are so many amazing cafes and bars around the area, that lunch time can be an extremely tempting and expensive experience! I've already discovered a couple of veggie cafes and some bars that do a cracking happy hour. Plus there are so many cute independent shops, that I could happily spend all my money and waste hours of my day browsing. I will detail all of my discoveries in future posts, but I feel a little bit more research is needed first (ahem, I need to sample more cocktails). Check back soon London lovers! 

Comments

  1. London is the best city in the world!! I may be a bit biased too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit