Next Stop South America: My Backpack Wish List

Hello Wonderful People!

You know what they say, no good story started with 'I stayed at home'. With this in mind, I have now taken the plunge and booked my flights to Rio De Janeiro for a spot of South American travelling. On the 22nd May (that's one month today, huzzzzah) I will be heading to Brazil and I'll have one month to get myself to Lima, Peru for my flight home! 



It's now time for the fun part, planning what to take with me! Travelling is always a great excuse to go shopping for some essential travel clothes! I've got my eye on 90% of the clothes in Topshop, but sadly my budget won't stretch that far. So I've picked a couple of items that I definitely need in my backpack to spice up my travel wardrobe.


Dress, Bralet and Kimono - Topshop. Bag and Skirt - New Look. Shoes - Converse.

I absolutely love this red Topshop dress and it would be ideal for day wear while travelling. Personally, I prefer wearing skirts and dresses in hot weather as they are so much more comfortable compared to shorts. The skirt from New Look would also be great for day wear, or could be teamed with a crop top for a night out. You can't beat a good crop top and I love the detail on this bralet. This would be ideal for a night out, but I could also see myself wandering round Rio in this top in an attempt to get the tan going. 

I'm jumping on the kimono bandwagon and this Topshop beauty could be used as a beach cover-up or used to spice up an evening outfit. Taking versatile clothing is an absolute must when travelling as backpack space is extremely limited; clothes that can be used for a number of occasions are a life saver. While I try and pack practical clothing, these converse aren't the most practical colour to be taking with me. A pair of light-weight shoes (that aren't sandals or filp flops) are essential in any backpack as they will be needed if I head off for a day of exploring out of a city. However, while I know they probably won't stay white for long, I don't really care because they are pretty and I want them.

A good day bag is always needed to take your essential items out for the day with you. I love the pattern and colours of this bag and it's an ideal size to carry everything I need, which is a lot. I always like to have my purse, camera and phone on me, but it's also handy to have a bag big enough to keep other travelling items. Sunny Gs, sun cream, mozzy spray, guidebooks, painkillers, wipes and other bits and bobs are always handy to have if you're going to be away from the hostel all day, so a good bag is essential. 

My only problem now is affording all of this while I'm trying to save. Anyone care to help me out?!

Comments

  1. Hello, I do not understand English can only use translation software, like your trip, I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit