Kaikoura

Hello Wonderful People!
 
 
After crossing from Wellington to the South Island, our first stop was Kaikoura. We arrived in the dark and camped for the night in an abandoned car park on the outskirts of town, so we really had no idea of what the place was like. Stepping out of the campervan the next morning was a complete eye opener. Not only was the sun beaming down with crystal clear skies, the view that greeted us was pretty special.

Kaikoura


 Snow capped mountains surrounded us and the sea was before us. I've never seen such a dramatic mountain line immediately plunge and meet the sea; it really was a sight to behold. We didn't have long in Kaikoura, as we were due to stay with a friends family in Christchurch that evening. So we headed to the local tourist information who advised us on a 2 hour walk we could do to soak up the scenery. It was a beautiful day and absolutely perfect for a walk. We even got to see baby seals! I can't really describe Kaikoura in enough detail to do the place justice, so I'll let my photos to the talking! (You may even spot my blog cover picture, it's a cracker)!

Sea and Mountains

View in Kaikoura

Baby Seal
































 
 
Kaikoura was easily my favourite place in New Zealand. I have never seen such dramatic natural beauty like this anywhere else before. Granted, the weather helped, but I have never really been blown away by scenery before, and I was completely awe struck here. Any trip to New Zealand would not be complete without a trip to this stunning place.

Ta ta chaps!

Comments

  1. Beautiful and interesting place. Nz is full of place to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, such a beautiful place, I'd love to go back :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit