G'day From Down Under!

Hello wonderful people!

After South East Asia the next stop on my magical mystery travelling tour was Australia. My expectations of Aus weren't the best to be honest. After the crazy culture shock that SE Asia gave me I didn't think any other country could compare to those that I'd just visited. To tell the truth I wasn't even that excited to visit Aus, as I thought it would just be your bog standard westernised country with not much to offer other than good weather. How wrong I was. While I loved the SE Asian countries for their diversity and contrast to England, I completely fell in love with Australia for reasons unknown. Even though my expectations weren't that high to start off with, they were completely blown out of the water as I spent more time in this amazing country.
We only had one month to cram in as much as we could on an extremely tight budget, and the fact that everything in Aus is super expensive, I think we managed to do pretty well. Going from the super cheap Asian lifestyle to the crazy expensive Aussie one was quite a shock. We'd been used to eating out 3 times a day, going to every tourist attraction possible and drinking copious amounts of alcohol for a few dollars a day. Sadly, this all stopped when we reached Aus, but the money issues were the only down side of my whole Aussie adventure. 
 
Starting off in Melbourne we planned to head as far north up the East Coast as possible, before heading back to Brisbane to catch our flight to New Zealand. While we had a couple of must sees (Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef) the rest of our trip was relatively unplanned which gave us a great amount of freedom to pick and choose where we wanted to go and how long for! The highlights of my Aussie trip were:
-The Great Barrier Reef
- Great Ocean Road
- Sydney (my new fave city, sorry NY and LDN)
- Byron bay
 
So stay tuned for some lovely reminiscing posts about the above and other stories and advice from my amazing adventure down under. And if it isn't clear already there will be A LOT of Aussie love in the next few posts (sorry not sorry), and maybe a teeny tiny life plan of how I'd love to live out there for a while. Someone take me back?!

Goodbye, for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit