Bondi Beach

Hello Wonderful People!
 
I’d heard amazing things about Bondi Beach, it was apparently stunning and one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. What a disappointment it turned out to be. I did visit on a very grey rainy day, but despite the weather I still couldn't understand how this beach was so famous for its beauty? Yes, it was an nice large beach, but I don't think it exactly deserves its legendary status. Maybe I’d hyped it up too much in my head, but I’ve seen so many beautiful beaches in South East Asia, this one didn't even come close. Sorry Aus, you lose points on this.
Even though the beach didn’t live up to my expectations and despite the fact the weather was awful, I actually had quite a nice day at Bondi, and would recommend a visit to anyone who is visiting Sydney. There is loads of pretty awesome graffiti covering the walls that surround the beach, so if you are a fan of street art, its worth checking out! I didn’t actually spend that much time on the beach itself, as we decided to go on a costal walk in the hope of spotting some whales.
Graffiti

Sadly, we didn’t spot a single sausage of a whale, but we did have an enjoyable stroll along the coast. The costal path, to the right of Bondi beach, is an easy walk with some pretty stunning views (even when the weather is poo, so it must be even better on a clear day). We also got to watch some crazy surfers braving the gross weather in the hope of catching a wave.

Surfers

Bondi Beach

Surfers

Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach


I can imagine Bondi Beach is a cracking place in the summer time if you want to have a Barbie, sun bathe or catch some rays. Sadly, I went at completely the wrong time of year so my impressions weren’t the best. However, I stand by my judgement that the beach itself does not deserve its legendary status, as it really is just a nice bog standard beach. Sorry not sorry.
Goodbye, for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit