Glastonbury: Possibly the Best Place on Earth


Hello wonderful people!

One of my main loves in life involves being cold, soaking wet, covered in mud, not showering for 5 days, living off a few hours sleep and absolutely loving life. This may not seem like the ideal situation in which to have an amazing time - and many people will think 'are you off your little rocker, that sounds pants?!' But let me tell you, Glastonbury is heaven on earth. Now, I'm happy to admit that in any normal situation I would not be a happy camper. I love my straighteners, daily showers and a comfy bed. However, there is just something about Glastonbury Festival that makes all of the dirt, smells and bed hair worth it. It's almost impossible to put into words how totally amazing and completely crazy Glastonbury is. But I'm going to try. With a little help from a few pictures too.

 Glastonbury Festival


Imagine a city full of tents, stalls, stages, flags, grass, sculptures and masses of unwashed, yet ridiculously happy people. Think of the fires and fairy lights at night, the stench of the toilets and the beats from the Dance Village. Picture any and all types of food and bars selling overpriced cider. See people of all ages - old hippies with huge beards, children in fancy dress, drunken youths and middle aged ravers. Hear the songs of legends: U2, Coldplay, Beyonce, Pulp, Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead, Fatboyslim, Chemical Brothers, Jay Z. Or discover the unknown talents of an unknown singer in a small, crowded tent. Realise that it's not just about music, but about dancing, art, madness, charity, friendship, adventure and experience. Imagine endless mud and pouring rain, then baking sun and no shade. Understand that anything goes, clothing is optional yet wellies and face paint are a must have. Witness the madness of Shangri La and Arcadia - naked mermaids, planes, cars with wings and fire balls in the air. Marvel at the sunrise from the legendary stone circle as another day dawns over the most famous festival in the world.

 

Glastonbury Festival


Glastonbury Festival

Glastonbury Festival

Glastonbury Festival

Pyramid Stage

Glastonbury Festival
 
Glastonbury Festival


After an extremely stressful Sunday morning 2 weeks ago, I managed to secure a ticket to my 6th Glastonbury! Praise the Lordy! I really don't know what I'd do if I didn't get a ticket, probably cry for days on end then formulate a wild plan to sneak in over the fence. I even have a tattoo dedicated to this beautifully, amazing place! In love? I think so! 

It's now 250 days till Glastonbury gates open, but who's counting?

Bye people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'd Love to Ski in Canada & Why You Should Start Planning a Trip There Now

The Best and Worst Countries to Eat as a Veggie

Top 5 Places I Want to Revisit